The City of Dothan has adopted the following building codes as of April 21, 2017:
- 2015 International Building Code (IBC) without Appendices
- 2014 National Electric Code (NEC)
- 2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- 2015 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2015 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC)
- 2015 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (ISPSC)
- 2015 International Residential Code for One and Two-Family Dwellings (IRC) including Appendices A (IFGS), B (IFGS), C (IFGS), D (IFGS), E, G, H, J (EB), M, and North Section R313 deleted.
- 2015 International Fire Code, Appendices B through E and Appendix I
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standards - For additional information, please refer to Chapter 38 of the City of Dothan Municipal Code.
State of Alabama Energy Code (Effective October 1, 2012) - MANDATORY for all new structures, See the How to Pass an Energy Conservation Inspection (PDF) for more information.
For Wind Speed in Dothan please reference Section 1609 in the 2015 IBC to determine your risk category (I, II, III or IV), then reference proper Ultimate Design Wind Speed Figures 1609.3(1), 1609.3(2), or 1609.3(3).