What do I need to do after a vehicle crash?
You will need a copy of the Police Department Accident Report in order to file an insurance claim. If the report was filed by a Dothan police officer, a copy of the report can be obtained from the Police Records Division at 210 N. Saint Andrews Street, 615-4650.

Call your insurance company as soon as possible after the crash. The law requires that you file as SR-13 Form with the State of Alabama within 30 days of the accident. If you do not file this form within 30 days, your driver's license will be suspended until the form is filed. You may obtain blank SR-13 forms at the Dothan Police Department, 210 N. Saint Andrews Street.

Show All Answers

1. How may I pay a traffic ticket?
2. How can I report a crime anonymously?
3. How can I obtain a copy of my accident report?
4. What number do I call for police-related matters?
5. What number do I call when I have an emergency?
6. What can I do about stray animals?
7. Does the City of Dothan have a Leash Law?
8. What number do I call to find out if someone has been arrested and is in your jail?
9. Where do I report a crime or suspicious drug activity?
10. What do I need to do after a vehicle crash?
11. How do I file an incident report?
12. What are "speed humps" and how can I get them in my neighborhood?