Garbage, Trash & Recycling
About Sanitation Collection
Along with operating the city landfill, the Environmental Services Division provides once-a-week automated garbage and recycling collection and once-a-week trash collection for all City of Dothan residents.
Please view the following links for maps or schedules:
Environmental Services UPDATE:
• Be aware that we are running about 2 ½ days behind on our yard trash routes. Please bear with us as we work through the excess yard debris accumulating from so many people being home and working in their yards during this COVID 19 crisis. We will get to your neighborhoods as fast as possible.
• Please be aware that there are ordinances concerning the size of your yard trash piles. They must stay within the confines of these ordinances for Environmental Services to be able to collect them. You can find a copy of the City Ordinances at our website www.dothan.org or give us a call at our office and we will be happy to send you a copy.
• We are still working under a “no touch” policy. This means that all garbage and recycle needs to be in your green or blue cart respectively to be picked up. Until further notice we will not pick up boxes from the side of the street.
• We are phasing out the small bins for recycle pickup. Due to our “no touch” policy we will not pick these small bins up. If you would like a recycle roll cart, please call our office at 334-615-3820.
• As always please give us a call at 334-615-3820 if you have any questions or concerns about your garbage, recycle or trash pickup.