FOG Related Information for Architects & Contractors
All new gravity grease interceptors (GGIs) for new construction projects are required to meet the minimum sizing requirements as determined by the City's FOG Program. Minimum sizing requirements are based on food service establishment (FSE) classification. GGIs shall ONLY be purchased from a City of Dothan approved manufacturer and installed to the City's installation requirements. Please contact the FOG Program Inspector at 334-615-4454 for assistance.
Grease Control Equipment Sizing
The minimum acceptable size of grease control equipment for each newly constructed FSE Classification will be as follows:
(1) Class 1: 20-gallons per minute/40 pound Grease Trap (Hydro-Mechanical Grease Interceptor (HGI))
(2) Class 2: 1,000-gallon Gravity Grease Interceptor (GGI)
(3) Class 3: 1,500-gallon Gravity Grease Interceptor (GGI)
(4) Class 4: 2,000-gallon Gravity Grease Interceptor (GGI)
(5) Class 5: 2,000-gallon Gravity Grease Interceptor (GGI)
The grease control equipment minimum acceptable size for the listed FSE classifications (Class 1 through 5) shall be met.