Our department is charged with providing professional and technical expertise to the policy-making bodies of the city to help ensure orderly, adequate, and affordable services and infrastructure expansion to accommodate growth in the community.
There are four divisions within the department that are charged with public responsibilities:
- The Engineering Services Division assists developers with stormwater management, subdivision construction review, and manages the public cemeteries in the city.
- The Environmental Services Division operates the city's landfill. Additionally, the Environmental Services Division provides mosquito spraying services within the city limits of Dothan. Garbage, trash, and recycling is also a part of this division and provides once-a-week garbage collection and trash collection for all City of Dothan residents
- The Street Division performs maintenance of city streets, rights of way, and the stormwater drainage system.
- The Traffic Engineering Services Division manages the local transportation infrastructure including signals, signs, and pavement markings, and is responsible for development review of all transportation-related infrastructure.
Each of these divisions is charged with various special projects from time to time, such as design and construction inspection of capital improvement programs (e.g., street paving, installation of water and sewer lines, etc.), the Westgate Parkway five-lane construction project, and others.
Honeysuckle Road Corridor Study & Concept Plans
- 5 lane widening from West Main Street (US 84 West) to Fortner Street (PDF)
- Realignment from Homestead Road to South Park Avenue (PDF)
- Extension from South Park Avenue to the Intersection of Campbellton Highway and Taylor Road (PDF)
- Honeysuckle Road Corridor Study (Final) (PDF)
- Honeysuckle Road Corridor Study Appendix (Final) (PDF)