When visiting the City of Dothan Municipal Court, please abide by the following rules of conduct while court is in session. This is for the consideration of court proceedings and those around you.
- No weapons/firearms, knives, food or beverages will be allowed in the City of Dothan Municipal Courtroom. All cell phones are prohibited from the Courtroom.
- Dress Code: No "doo-rags", hats, or scarves will be worn on the head (unless for medical or religious reasons). No white T-shirt or "wife beaters" will be worn. No midriff or tank tops are to be worn to Court. No spandex pants, shorts or skirts four (4) inches above the knee. NO PANTS ARE TO BE WORN BELOW THE WAISTLINE. If a person does not meet the dress code established, he/she will not be permitted to enter the Dothan Municipal Courtroom.
- An assigned Magistrate will verify that individuals entering Municipal Court are listed on the docket. Once the subjects have been completely cleared, they will be permitted to enter the courtroom. If an individual disputes the fact that their name is not listed on the docket, they will be directed to the City of Dothan Magistrates Office.
- No child/children under the age of (6) will be permitted to enter the Courtroom.
- No bondsmen or civilians will be allowed access beyond the Courtroom post unless they are otherwise directed to do so by Court personnel.
- Bondsmen will be assigned the first-row seating to the right of the Courtroom. They will not be permitted to interrupt any Magistrate who is performing court duties. All questions regarding bonds, etc. will be handled by the Magistrates Office. Dockets will be given to the bondsmen by the assigned Magistrate at the Courtroom entrance.
- 190 person's maximum capacity in the Courtroom at any given time.
- Dothan Police Department will be on notice to handle any rude or disrespectful individuals.